Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stamp Torture and Fun

I've had a busy week preparing for my Catalogue Kick Off party which we had last night. And wouldn't you know it, that's the day my first big order arrived! It was torture seeing all my stamp sets and pretty papers just begging to be used, but I was too busy preparing for the party to use any of it. My daughter on the other hand begged and pleaded to use the "The Nicest Things" stamp set, she had wanted to colour those two little girls since the second she saw that stamp set. So I had to watch with envy as she hummed and coloured, lol.

But on a fun note, I had my party last night and what fun it was! We were 20 stampers, some were new to me and some were regulars, but we all share the love of stamping! I was going to take photos and completely forgot, oops. We made three cards instead of the two that I announced, with the great response I had to the party I figured it might be better to split into 3 groups vs 2 big ones. There were lots of door prizes, stamp sets, new ribbon and brads, rhinestones, paper and more stamp sets. Can't wait to do it again next year!

I'm posting all three cards that we did but I won't go into detail though. If you have any questions just give me a shout and I'll do my best to answer them. The first card I'll post was my favourite one, I loved the colour combination. We sprayed the front of the card with the champagne shimmer paint mixed with rubbing alcohol before we glued it to the card base. You can't see it in the picture but it really adds such a nice shimmer to the card.


Stamps: Elements of Style
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Always Artichoke
Other: Black Brads, Shimmer Paint


Stamps: Notably Ornate,
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, DSP-Newsprint
Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Other: Black Satin Ribbon


Stamps: Just Believe
Paper: Concord Crush, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black

Before I go just a quick note, anyone that books a Stampin' Up! party with me from now until the end of July will earn DOUBLE the hostess benefits! So if your party reached $330 in sales you would now get $60 in FREE product instead of $30! (Party must be held within 60 days, book parties do not qualify)
Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

4 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

These cards are Fabulous!! My favorite...the Notably Ornate. TFS!

Julie Marshall said...

OK, I CASE'd you twice from this one post...I love your cards! I don't have the other set yet...so you're safe. Thanks for such great inspiration. Your cards are Fabulous!

Renée said...

love all of them, Tina! The first one looks a lot like one I'd made a while ago!

Carmen said...

Love the cards, specially the 3rd one! One question... what did you use to stamp the 3 color blocks? Is that a stamp? I love the look of it.