Thursday, November 27, 2008

Good Morning!

Well, it's almost lunch time, not really morning anymore but it does feel like a nice morning. I love mornings where there's nothing going on, kids are playing and I'm catching up. I did another card last night and one this morning. Although the pictures don't do them justice. I bought a cheap camera because I was sick of lugging out my big SLR everytime I wanted to take some simple pictures. Well now I just have to get used to not getting the picture quality with this thing. Great to slide in your pocket but not so great when you're used to the quality of a big SLR.

This first card is a card that I'll be using as part of a door prize at our ladies Christmas banquet coming up. We're trying to promote simple homemade gift giving in our Prayer Sister group so we thought we'd try and have the doorprizes homemade as well, kind of like the whole "practice what you preach" idea. So I'm making a bunch of cards that the winner can use through out the year on her prayer sister plus some other altered goodies.

Recipe:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip,
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" ribbon

This next one is something I saw off of Dawn's blog (link on the left). So I tried it, changed it a little and I think it's a great simple card, really fast to put together. The technique is called reverse masking, very easy but very effective.

Recipe:
Stamps:Always, Fundamental Phrases
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Urban Garden DSP
Other: Rhinestone brad, nestabilities, Versamark & clear embossing pwd for the heart.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day. Is anyone else panicking about how close Christmas already is?! Yikes.

No comments: