Thursday, September 18, 2008

Make & Takes

I've agonized and stressed over what cards to make at my party. I'm even losing sleep over it, yeah I know. But I have my two make & takes ready and I don't plan on changing them. I wanted to showcase two techniques that I personally love but also not make them too hard for possible new stampers.

The first one is made using the new in colors and the new stamp set Upsy Daisy (which also happens to be the door prize). The technique on this one is using any ink pad to get the heat embossed look. You basically dip your stamp in a versamark pad and then straight into your ink pad. This allows the ink to stay wet enough to sprinkle your clear EP over. Love this technique!

Recipe:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive, Baja breeze, Whisper White, DSP Green tea
Other: Old Olive ribbon, versamark, clear embossing powder

This next card has caused me a lot of stress. I love this stamp set, love the brayered sky technique but had a really hard time coming up with a design that did this stamp set justice. The only thing I might change is to remove the ribbon and use three brads instead.


Recipe:
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, Fundamental Phrases
Ink: So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Basic Black, Really Rust, So Saffron
Other: Apricot Appeal Ribbon, Versamark, Black Embossing Powder

No comments: