Thursday, January 27, 2011

For the Newlyweds

We're off to a great start in our household! Right after my last post I got the horrible stomach flu, not fun. That lasted almost a week and our poor daughter has been dealing with some sort of flu/cold ever since the New Year. She had a few days where she felt better but now she has a fever again and a very sore throat, I think it's time for a trip to the ER. She's six years old and would rather do anything else other than to see a doctor, so she tries to hide just how bad she feels. Thankfully her brothers are healthy and my husband is one of those guys that never gets sick, lucky him.

Have you ever had a fog day instead of a snow day? Well that's what we're having today, lol. The fog was so thick this morning that you could barely see anything. Thankfully my husband phoned me from work to let me know that school was cancelled, otherwise I would have never thought to check for a school closure and I would have gotten the kids ready for school, packed their lunches, only to find out we could have had a relaxed morning!

On to my card. My husband bought me the Cricut for Christmas, ok, it was more like I gave him the receipt and said "thanks darling" hehe.Sad to say, I have used it that much. So today I used it along with my Sure Cuts A Lot program and made these flowers. The flowers are an SVG file that my sister prepared, less work for me, wohoo! I got the inspiration for this card from Card Maker, I loved the soft colours to the card, I just wish I hadn't been almost out of the larger pearls that the original card used.


Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
Ink: Black
Other: Jumbo Brads, Pearls

Thanks for stopping by! My posts have been lacking with us all taking turns with the flu, hopefully things will pick up soon!

Tina

2 comments:

Allison said...

So beautiful! Love the colours and those flowers look amazing!

Anonymous said...

The flower is beautiful - what paper did you use?