Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

My poor neglected blog, it's been a while hasn't it! I hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed some time to relax. We had a good Christmas, spent it with family in Alberta and are now very happy to be home and back to our regular schedule.

I can definitely tell that I am in dire need of some new stamping stash, lol. It was a challenge to find the right paper, the right stamps, and the right layout. Funny how new stamps and paper can make the creative juices flow.

But after all that trouble I think I like this card. one of my favourite colour combos is black, kraft & very vanilla. I believe the layout was from a sketch challenge over at SCS, as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use it. The designer paper is retired and I can't remember what it was called. I embossed the main image in black and the rest is stamped in basic black. I added a black brad to the center of the little flower.

Stamps: Of The Earth, Flight of the Butterfly, (Sentiment is from a retired hostess set)
Paper: Basic Black, Kraft, Very Vanilla, DSP-Retired
Ink: Basic Black, Versmark
Other: Black Embossing powder, Black Brads, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

1 comment:

Deb said...

Love the colour combination Tina!! So very elegant.