Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good morning, well for some of you it will be good afternoon already. Today is shaping up to be a good day, my laundry is almost done, I've made a card, countertops are clean... life is great.

Today's card is a step away from what I normally do, it's more of a shabby chic look. I also used non SU designer paper (gasp), I have so much of it stashed away, feeling neglected so today I decided to use it in conjunction with my Stampin' Up cardstock. I have to say that Soft Suede is very quickly becoming my favorite of the new In Colors, it goes so well with so many colors. Love it! I also used the top note die with my bigshot, lovin that as well. I love how easy it is to create a great layer on a card and with so little effort. Boy can you feel the love today?! lol.
My only complaint about this card is that the piece with the sentiment on it is driving me crazy, I feel like it looks out of place. I think I'll pry it off and round the corners, maybe that'll help it blend better with the top note.

Stamps: Refuge & Strength
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, DSP-?
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze (used to dye the flowers)
Other: Halfback Pearls, Soft Suede Ribbon

Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Deb said...

So Soft and Pretty, I really like the colours in this card. How did we ever live without the Top Note Die?? :-)

Anonymous said...

a very cute card!!!