Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On a Roll

Preparing for a garage sale is so much work, and then you're left hoping to sell at least half of your belongings. Top that off with my will to have some cards to sell, and that leaves me with a very busy week.

This first card is actually an experiment from Michell Zindorf, she has such a beautiful style. I sponged the Night of Navy on instead of brayering but I think my next card I'll try the brayer. I used a punch to create the circle for a mask for the moon and then lightly went over it with Night of navy. The stamp set was stamped on glossy cardstock with basic black but I will try it again with stazOn ink, the basic black is waterproof but I think I'll get a better image with the stazOn. I stamped the deer image on to transparency paper and then pressed that down to give the water reflection. To make it look like there's a ripple in the water I used my white gel pen and added some water ripples. Now that I've done this once I want to try again and see if I can perfect the look a little more, with fewer mistakes.

Recipe:
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Glossy Cardstock
Ink: Night Of Navy, Basic Black
Other: White Gel Pen, Black brads

This next card is a case off of SCS but it was for a sketch challenge so I imagine alot of cards had this look, lol. I love this layout and plan on using it for various holiday cards.

Recipe:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Grey, Watercolour pp, DSP-?
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Other: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black brads

Have a Great Day!

No comments: