Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm Still Here

I seem to have hit a bit of a dry spell with my card making lately. I've got so much on the mind, plus maybe it's time I get a new order of stamps in to rejuvinate the creative juices. I find that I bore of a stamp set or my stash of paper and embellishments, and then I'm totally ready for something fresh. I'm also realizing that I have an addiction to the Cuttlebug embossing folders, I can't get enough of them. I sometimes start a card with the thought of not using a folder this time, but of course towards the end I can't help but think how nice it would look to add a little texture to the one layer. I'll have to make a challenge for my eyes only, make a card with no embossing folders, lol.

Both of these cards have the same layout today, I just wanted to go for a different feel by using different dsp and colours. The layout is from a sketch challenge that I saw somewhere but can't remember where, I really need to keep better track of things.

The first one is made with the refuge & strength stamp set, a perfect set for making sympathy or thinking of you cards. I bought these flowers at our local drug store because I thought they'd be a close match to SU's Baja Breeze, well it turns out, it's an exact match! I couldn't believe it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Refuge & Strength
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Baja Breze, Whisper White, DSP-Parisian Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Other: Clear Rhinestone brads, Taffeta ribbon, Bazzil Flowers, Cuttlebug embossing folder

This next card was supposed to look a little different, I think I should have kept the baja breeze layer off and let it be more of a neutral coloured card. I might have to make another one, I like this one but I'd also like to see this in a simpler style. Otherwise this is a very simple card, I used black brads along the one layer and also in the centre of the flowers.

Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays, Embrace Life
Paper: Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, DSP-Urban Garden
Ink: Basic Black
Other: White Taffeta Ribbon, Black brads, Oval punches, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Deb said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I don't use this stamp set often enough~! Thanks for the comment on my blog - I really like your style as well and look forward to when your stamping supplies are unpacked and you can share more of your wonderful work! Have a great day!
Debbie