Thursday, February 26, 2009

Make & Takes

So I've been busy today brainstorming on what sort of make & takes to have at a workshop that's being held in my home this weekend. There will be beginner stampers there so I wanted something simple and not too overwhelming for them. I think after a day of trial and error, I have found the cards that I'll use. I had horrible lighting in the house today so some of the colours are not showing like they should.

This first card allows stampers to use SU's punches which I love, and you can faintly see the dots on the butterfly which will be embossed with clear embossing powder. New stampers usually love embossing, I was like a giddy teenage when I first learned how to emboss.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Other: Chocolate Chip ribbon, eyelet punch, clear embossing powder

I saw this card on Splitcoaststampers and absolutely fell in love with it. I wish I could give credit but I can't remember who originaly made it. This allows new stampers to once again use our punches, but also try the vellum. I love vellum but I never use it, I finally opened a brand new pack of this stuff to make this card, it adds such a soft touch.

Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays, Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Basic Grey, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Vellum Cardstock
Other: Scallop border punch

Thanks for stopping by, have a great evening!

1 comment:

Kristin Moore said...

It was me! :) I love this sentiment with it- great idea! Glad you liked it!