Friday, September 28, 2012

Something a Little Different...

Hi everyone, fall has hit our corner of the world and it's just beautiful! Fall is not my favourite season but it is the most beautiful, agree?

I have something a little different to show you today, it still involves scrapbook paper so I thought it was ok to post here, lol. I've been trying to find ways to decorate my front entrance table for cheap and I think I managed the cheap part. Everything on it only cost me a grand total of under $20, that's a good deal!




I frequently do a walk through in our local thrift store looking for great finds that I can either paint or use in some way in the home. Frames is always big on my list and I found two of these for $3 each. I still haven't painted them because I can't decide on a colour, maybe you have a opinion?

But on to the project! I grabbed an old hymn book and ripped out 5 songs that felt were within the theme of being thankful, I then tore the edges and inked them with Crumb Cake ink, I wasn't careful with this step. Just play with it! I used a little glue and first glued on the back songs and then glued the top song, making sure no background was visible.

The banner was made with the cricut and a pennant SVG file (Oh how I love SVG files!). I also cut the letters out with my cricut and glued them to the circles. To hang them, I punched little holes on each side of the pennant and weaved the linen thread through. I used glue dots to mount them to the frame and covered the glue dots with antique brads (I removed the prongs).


And that's all there's to it, now I just have to decide on a paint colour. I was thinking maybe a mustard colour or a very muted yellow? If you're wondering how I got this for under $20: The window shutter was $1 at the thrift store, the ceramic vase with filler was $1.75, the candle holder has been in our home forever, and the lantern was roughly $12. The pumpkins were free thanks to my Father in Law! I plan on getting a few mini pumpkins for the table top and possible some berries to go in the vase.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
Tina

1 comment:

Julie Marshall said...

Great idea...and fabulous banner. Love it!